LOADED VEGETABLE CHILLA
This vegetarian version of an omelette if packed with flavour and goodness from all the veggies. It’s great as a breakfast, carries well for a lunch box, and is a super snack. Whats more, its gluten and dairy free as well! If you have no diet restrictions, fee free to grate a little cheese on top for some extra indulgence!
- 1 cup Gam Flour (besan)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Cup mixed grated vegetables (any combination of Onion, Capsicum, Carrot, Beetroot, Dudhi, Cauliflower, beans, peas, corn) – grated oo chopped very fine.
- 2 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 Green chilli + 1 pod of garlic
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- ¼ tsp ajwain seeds
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , a small bunch finely chopped
- Salt , to taste
- Oil for roasting
- In a mixing bowl, mix the Besan and water and make a thick lump free batter.
- The paste should be thicker than dosa batter.
- Add the vegetables, chopped chilli garlic, chopped coriander leaves, spice powders and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Heat a tava and grease it with 1 tablespoon oil.
- When the oil gets heated, add one ladle full of batter on the heated tava. Spread the vegetables evenly across the chilla in case the lump in the center.
- Cover the tava with a lid for 3 to 4 minutes and cook the wheat chilla over medium heat. The steam that gets created will help cook the chilla evenly.
- Open the lid and spread 1 teaspoon oil on top of the chilla while it is frying on the tava and continue to cook until you notice the sides and the bottom of the chilla is cooked through and lightly browned.
- Flip to the other side and let it get cooked for a few more minutes or until the edges appear crispy.
- Serve the Loaded Vegetable Chilla (Cheela) for breakfast, tea time snack or dinner.
Many (but not all) of the links on supritisingh.com are affiliate links. This means that a special tracking code is used and that I may make a small commission on the sale of an item if you purchase through one of these links. The price of the item is the same for you whether it is an affiliate link or not, and using affiliate links helps me to maintain this website and keep it running. You can learn more about my affiliate policy here.