Thai style chicken kebabs
Craving something healthy yet meaty and succulent? Try this easy recipe for satay style chicken skewers!
4 skinless chicken breasts
Satay Sauce & Marinade
½ a small bunch of fresh coriander
1 or 2 fresh chillis
½ a clove of garlic
3 heaped tablespoons peanut butter (organic or home made is best -i’ve used home made almond butter, and its yum!)
a 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Put the Coriander (stalks and all) into the food processor with the chillis, garlic, ginger, peanut butter and soy sauce.
- Finely grate in the zest of both limes, then squeeze in the juice from 1 of them. Add a couple of splashes of water and process to a pourable paste. Season to taste.
- Spoon half into a nice bowl to use a dipping sauce and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Reserve the rest as marinade.
- Slice chicken breasts up to give you enough boneless pieces for 4 kebabs. Thread onto the skewers. To make the chicken crispier you can score it lightly on both sides.
- Pour the reserved satay mix from the processor into a roasting tray, add the chicken skewers and coat with your hands, rubbing the flavour into the meat. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season with salt.
- Put on the top shelf of the oven, under the grill, for about 8 to 10 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
Serve hot with dipping sauce and a fresh cucumber salad. This is a great snack or party appetiser, as well as a protien component for a salad dinner. Please leave your comments below once you’ve tried the recipe!
Supriti Singh – Fit Foodie