Thai style chicken kebabs
Craving something healthy yet meaty and succulent? Try this easy recipe for satay style chicken skewers!
4 skinless chicken breasts
Satay Sauce & Marinade
½ a small bunch of fresh coriander
1 or 2 fresh chillis
½ a clove of garlic
3 heaped tablespoons peanut butter (organic or home made is best -i’ve used home made almond butter, and its yum!)
a 2cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped.
- Put the Coriander (stalks and all) into the food processor with the chillis, garlic, ginger, peanut butter and soy sauce.
- Finely grate in the zest of both limes, then squeeze in the juice from 1 of them. Add a couple of splashes of water and process to a pourable paste. Season to taste.
- Spoon half into a nice bowl to use a dipping sauce and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Reserve the rest as marinade.
- Slice chicken breasts up to give you enough boneless pieces for 4 kebabs. Thread onto the skewers. To make the chicken crispier you can score it lightly on both sides.
- Pour the reserved satay mix from the processor into a roasting tray, add the chicken skewers and coat with your hands, rubbing the flavour into the meat. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season with salt.
- Put on the top shelf of the oven, under the grill, for about 8 to 10 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
Serve hot with dipping sauce and a fresh cucumber salad. This is a great snack or party appetiser, as well as a protien component for a salad dinner. Please leave your comments below once you’ve tried the recipe!
Supriti Singh – Fit Foodie
Many (but not all) of the links on supritisingh.com are affiliate links. This means that a special tracking code is used and that I may make a small commission on the sale of an item if you purchase through one of these links. The price of the item is the same for you whether it is an affiliate link or not, and using affiliate links helps me to maintain this website and keep it running. You can learn more about my affiliate policy here.