CRISPY RICE CRACKERS (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
This Gluten free snack is extremely nutritious and easy to make. Leftover rice can be combined with practically any flavour and lends itself well to a neutral cracker to go with hummus or any other dip.
- 2.5 cups cooked rice (slightly old rice works better – this is a great leftover rice recipe) softer rice works better.
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon mixed herbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Place the cooked rice in a bowl.
- Add the spice and seasoning (if needed) the amount of salt you will require will depend if your rice was seasoned when cooked
- Mix so that the spice is evenly distributed
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Wet your hands and a tablespoon, Use the wet spoon to and your wet hands to form golf ball sized rice balls
- Place the balls on the baking tray
- Top with another layer of baking paper, then squish the balls evenly. Use a chopping board and press down so that all the balls are squashed at the same time
- Bake at 180 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes.. remove from the oven before the edges get too golden
- Allow to cool, they only get crunchy when cool
Many (but not all) of the links on supritisingh.com are affiliate links. This means that a special tracking code is used and that I may make a small commission on the sale of an item if you purchase through one of these links. The price of the item is the same for you whether it is an affiliate link or not, and using affiliate links helps me to maintain this website and keep it running. You can learn more about my affiliate policy here.