Green Mungdal Fudge
This healthy and nutritious dessert is packed with fiber, and delicious to boot! Make it with ghee and milk for those with no dietary restrictions, or coconut oil and coconut milk for a dairy free option!
- 1 Cup Whole moong beans, soaked
- 4 Tbsp Cow Ghee or Coconut Oil (if you don’t prefer the taste, add a neutral oil, such as canola)
- 1 Tbsp Raisins
- 400 Ml Whole milk or Medium Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Jaggery (organic)
- 1 tsp Ground cardamom
- 10 Almonds (halved)
- Drain and grind soaked moong beans in a food processor until you get a smooth paste.
- Fry the paste in ghee/oil until golden in colour. Add raisins, milk/ coconut milk, jaggery and cardamom.
- Slowly cook the mixture on low heat; stir until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer the prepared fudge onto a greased dish and garnish it with crushed nuts. Serve hot.
Many (but not all) of the links on supritisingh.com are affiliate links. This means that a special tracking code is used and that I may make a small commission on the sale of an item if you purchase through one of these links. The price of the item is the same for you whether it is an affiliate link or not, and using affiliate links helps me to maintain this website and keep it running. You can learn more about my affiliate policy here.