Golden Milk is a great way to get the benefits of Turmeric daily. I love drinking this before bed as it aids relaxation and helps boost the immune system while sleeping.
Here are some of the benefits of using turmeric as a spice
- Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
- Turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier.
- Turmeric is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
- Turmeric is a natural painkiller
- May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management
- Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
- Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
- Turmeric may help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Curcumin (the compound found in turmeric) seems to delay liver damage that can eventually lead to cirrhosis
But most importantly, …it’s YUM!
- 2 cups of milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon (it’s easy as pie to make your own and store ina shaker bottle)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
- Tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Drink immediately
Add this to your daily bedtime routine to make a full recovery from the day’s stress, help your muscles recover from your workout and wake up fresh and raring to go!
Supriti Singh – Fit Foodie