Golden Milk is a great way to get the benefits of Turmeric daily. I love drinking this before bed as it aids relaxation and helps boost the immune system while sleeping.
Here are some of the benefits of using turmeric as a spice
- Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
- Turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier.
- Turmeric is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
- Turmeric is a natural painkiller
- May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management
- Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
- Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
- Turmeric may help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Curcumin (the compound found in turmeric) seems to delay liver damage that can eventually lead to cirrhosis
But most importantly, …it’s YUM!
- 2 cups of milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon (it’s easy as pie to make your own and store ina shaker bottle)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
- Tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
- Drink immediately
Add this to your daily bedtime routine to make a full recovery from the day’s stress, help your muscles recover from your workout and wake up fresh and raring to go!
Supriti Singh – Fit Foodie
Many (but not all) of the links on supritisingh.com are affiliate links. This means that a special tracking code is used and that I may make a small commission on the sale of an item if you purchase through one of these links. The price of the item is the same for you whether it is an affiliate link or not, and using affiliate links helps me to maintain this website and keep it running. You can learn more about my affiliate policy here.